- President Rosier Speaks at March on Washington 50th Anniversary
- NBA President Patricia Rosier Calls for 5,000 Attorneys to Participate in Historic 50th Anniversary of March on Washington
- NBA Applauds U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder's Call for Reform of Mandatory Prison Sentencing
- National Bar Association Issues "Call for Justice" Urges Legislators to Repeal "Stand Your Ground" Laws
- 89th Annual Convention & Exhibits
- NBA Announces First Conference Tackling Racism in Sports to be Held in London
Jawan Finely, Esq.
179-21 Zoller Road
Jamaica, NY 11434
My name is Jawan Finley. I was appointed by Vice President Kevin Judd as Chair of the Family Law Section. I invite you to join me as I revitalize this section. This year I hope to create a Family Law website that will link to the National Bar Association’s webpage. I also hope to publish two articles, conduct two seminars and play a role in this year’s Gertrude Rush conference which is scheduled for April, 2012 in
I am proud to announce that I have a full Executive Board which consists of me as Chair, Yolanda Sonnier as Vice-Chair, Leslie M. Gales as Secretary, Angela De la Cruz as Treasurer, Patrick Joseph as Editor In Chief, John Grimes as Director of Membership/Website Editor, Michelle Thomas as CLE Coordinator and Tiffany Moseley as NBLSA Fellow. In addition, we created a group on linked in.
If you practice in the family law area, in any aspect, I encourage you to become a member of the National Bar Association and the family law section. The average membership dues are $200.00 and you will receive a 20% discount if you are a member of one of the National Bar’s Affiliate Chapters. Section dues are $15. The partnerships and knowledge that we can share is priceless. We will have a teleconference call each month and plan to attend, at least, two annual NBA meetings. The next teleconference is scheduled for November 22, 2011 at 6:30pm EST.
I look forward to meeting you and I hope together we can make the Family Law Section one of the most informative and integral sections of the National Bar Association.