- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Richard F. Boulware as a Judge on the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- National Bar Association Announces Top Trailblazers Under 40
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Maynard Jackson Legacy Awardee
- National Bar Association Applauds Confirmation of Darrin P. Gayles to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- National Bar Association Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees
- NBA President Patricia Rosier Calls for 5,000 Attorneys to Participate in Historic 50th Anniversary of March on Washington
National Bar Association Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees
WASHINGTON, DC -- The National Bar Association announced its Hall of Fame Class of 2014. The men and women inducted into the Hall of Fame join their colleagues whose courage, intellectual accomplishments, professional achievements and community contributions deserve the highest recognition.
Among the 2014 Class are prominent lawyers from the across the country including: Georgia Congressman Sanford D. Bishop, Jr.; The Honorable Robert Benham; Charles S. Johnson, III; Thomas G. Sampson; The Honorable Freddie Pitcher, Jr ; Willie E. Gary; Jo M. Glasco, Esq.; Elihu M. Harris; Shirley A. Henderson; George Holland, Sr. and Janice Orr, Esq.
“The National Bar Association salutes and congratulates the 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees,” said Patricia Rosier, President of the National Bar Association. “Their life achievements and contributions are shining examples of the principles of justice, honor and integrity," said Rosier.
The Hall of Fame was inaugurated in 1986 by then President Fred D. Gray, Sr., to honor those lawyers who have been licensed to practice for forty years or more and who have made significant contributions to the cause of justice.
Past inductees include: The Honorable A. Leon Higginbotham, Jr., The Honorable Thurgood Marshall and Fred D. Gray, Sr. who represented Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks during the Civil Rights Movement.
The induction ceremony will take place on July 29, 2014 at Noon during the organization's 89th Annual Convention at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia..